Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday is so Slow

After our fun day in San Antonio on Saturday, things have quieted down, and routines have pretty much taken over again.  Routines in 60 70 degree weather are not all that bad.

Sunday December 12:  Most of Sunday was spent recuperating from our long Saturday.  Ann caught up one her Facebook games, and I caught up on my favorite websites and favorite blogs.  In the afternoon I watched some football.  I guess I am not just as interested in pro football as I once was, but then again it does take much to entertain me anymore.  Later in the afternoon we went into Del Rio to get some groceries, and also a couple of the small propane bottles for our Webber Q-200 grill.  For dinner I grilled some pork chops, and Ann baked some squash in the convection oven.  The evening was spent watching the finale of The Amazing Race, until we decided to go the local DQ.  Ann had a peanut buster parfait, and I had a banana split.  By time we got home, Ann had missed the end of the show, so she had to look up who won on the internet.  The rest of the night was spent in a carb induced stupor.

Monday December 13:  Another routine morning; Ann working and me drinking coffee, exchanging stories with the guys.  In the afternoon I made a trip to the office to see if the mail we had forwarded to us here had arrived yet.  Being Monday, the carries was behind schedule, and hadnt been there yet at 2:00PM when I checked the first time, however, when I went back at 3:00 he had been there and our mail had arrived.  I took the mail back the the rig, and we went through it.  Some good news(checks), and some not so good news(bills), but mostly ads.  After that task was finished, we headed into town to send the checks off to our bank, and buy some Christmas cards, and we also found a five foot string of lights to put on our Christmas tree that we carry with us.  The lights make a nice addition to this tree that I have had for twenty some years.  We have it set up on the dash of the motorhome, and it adds a little Christmas ambiance.


By time we got back from Del Rio it was time for dinner, and Ann made the most delicious chicken-spinach enchiladas anyone could ever wish to taste.  We both over ate and spent the rest of the evening being uncomfortable while playing on the computer and watching Monday Night Football.  I am glad I am not a Vikings fan.  Their future doesnt look all that bright.

Tuesday December 14:  Another slow and routine day with the exception that I went into Del Rio this afternoon to mail some Christmas cards, a birthday card, and a couple other things.  I am really impressed how friendly and diligent the window clerks are knowing how much stress they are under, not only for the Christmas rush, but all additional stress they are under because of the changing conditions in the USPS.

Before going the post office I had gone to Wal*Mart and picked up a few things, then it was over to Home Depot to pick up a replacement hose to be able to use our 20 lb propane cylinder on our Webber gas grill.  The had a few other accessories for the grill, so I got a cover, some more drip pans, and griddle to use with it if we ever might have the need for it.


When I got home Ann was finishing up her work for the day, so I decided to grill some brats, to see if my new hose worked.  Voila! the grill lit on the first try.  So it wasnt long and we had brats and homemade macaroni and cheese.  Ann thought we had some Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, but alas, we didnt, but we did have elbow macaroni, and Velveta cheese.  Both the brats and macaroni and cheese were delicious.

This evening was spent watching reruns of "Glee", after which Ann decided to do laundry, and I thought I had better update the blog.  Tomorrow there is a breakfast in the  rec center.  I guess it is a pretty big deal and RVers from other RV parks come over to join in the community breakfast.  We shall see, and I will report on the results.

Thus ends another great day!

Paul

2 comments:

  1. I love these posts! Too bad you guys will miss Christmas with the family. We'll be thinking about you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann,

    After going through all the reading makes me feel like doing the same some day. Great pictures and hope you'll have more and more fun till April.

    Murali

    ReplyDelete